Sei sulla pagina 1di 8

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF BARANGAY USUSAN

Barangay Ususan is one of the original barrios comprising the town of


Taguig when it was founded as pueblo under the then renamed Morong
and lately Rizal, in memory of our National hero, Dr. Jose P. Rizal. At the
turn of the century in 1903, Pateros and Muntinlupa then became parts of
Taguig but were eventually established as independent towns.

When Metropolitan Manila was created, Taguig was integrated into it


together with 16 other cities and towns. Taguig is now a highly urbanized
city.

According to a legend handed down from generation to generation, slopes


of highlands, now known as Fort Bonifacio, surrounded a lowland which old
folks named Barrio Ususan, meaning “ sliding down ”. Also the ancestors of
Barangay Ususan retrieved the image of St. Ignatius of Loyola floating
along the river, which later became their Patron Saint. Barangay Ususan
became an independent parish, St. Ignatius of Loyola Parish on September
12, 1986.

Ususan is the first village coming from the north by the town of Pateros
across Taguig-Pateros River. Fort Bonifacio is situated in Barangay
Ususan but was acquired by the United States government and converted
it into a military camp named Fort Mc Kinley.
USUSAN
Landmarks in Ususan,Taguig City,District 1
– St. Ignatius of Loyola Parish Church

Location: Gen. Luna St. Ususan, Taguig City.


Tel. No: 642-4181.
St. Ignatius of Loyola Parish Church was established last September 12, 1986, and is under the diocese of Pasig.
Its feast day is every July 31.
– Dr. Artemio Natividad Elementary School

Location: Gen. Luna Street, Ususan, Taguig City.


Tel. No: 643-4172.
It was named after the former Mayor of Taguig, Dr. Artemio E. Natividad who was one of those presumed to be
killed during the war when the Japanese soldiers took all male residents of Taguig at the height of the Japanese
invasion. Since that time nobody returned and all the captives were presumed dead with graves nowhere to be found
in Taguig.

In September 15, 1939 the municipal government of Taguig, purchased a lot with an area of 4,856 sq. m. from Mr.
and Mrs. Lucio Tuason who agreed to sell for school purposes.

In 1969 the municipal council passed a resolution renaming the school to Dr. Artemio E. Natividad Elementary
School in honor of the late mayor.

Presently, the school is under the leadership of principal Ma. Ligaya P. Gepollo.
– Sen. Rene Compañero Cayetano Memorial Science and Technology High School

Location: 31st corner 51st Sts. Pamayanang Diego Silang, Ususan, Taguig City.
Tel. No: 828-0140.
SRCCMSTHS or Cayetano Science is a special public secondary school in Taguig City that has a special science
and technology curriculum. It is named in the honor of the late Senator Renato “Compañero” Cayetano. For more
information, you can visit the school’s official facebook at Senator Rene Cayetano Science and Technology High
School.

– Ususan Elem. School

Location: Gen. Luna Street, Ususan, Taguig City.


Tel. No: 642-3423.
Ususan Elementary School rose from a donated 4,321.25 sq. meter lot located at Ususan, Taguig Rizal. It was June
25, 1931 when formal schooling in Grades I and II classes started in a make-shift schoolhouse constructed on the
said site. Miss Elpidia Carlos and Miss Ana Bunyi were the first mentors during those struggling days. Thereafter,
permanent building with two- standard classrooms were erected, housing primary classes only. The first principal
then was Elpidia C. Tanyag and through her initiative more classrooms were added from that period to 1963 to cater
the growing population.
The old building was later abolished and under the provincial board resolution 1077 during the administration of
Governor Isidro Rodriguez, Mayor Monico C. Tanyag, Mrs. Caridad P. Umali- Principal and Barrio Captain Daniel
Castillo. Rodriguez Building was constructed on February 5, 1969 and was finished on October 17, 1969. From that
day onwards, the same school building has been existing on the same area. However, other buildings were
constructed like the Carino Building, Multi-purpose building and Cayetano building replacing the old Antonio
building. Ususan Elementary School is fortunate enough to be the beneficiary of 3-classroom building donated by
Ayala Land Build a House Project constructed on November, 2003 and finished on June, 2004.

Another 3-storey building with 9 classrooms was erected on June 11, 2004 and was inaugurated June, 2005 through
the LOGO Find project funded by the World Bank. Throughout the years, Ususan Elementary School has been
headed by dedicated school heads in the persons of Mrs. Adoracion Capistrano, Mrs. Simeona Capco, Miss Melita
Lammatao, Mr. Bayani Z. Pili, Miss Lydia G. Pili, Mrs. Teresita M. de Jesus, Mrs. Flerida P. Silvestre, Mrs. Felisa
A. Vinuya and the present principal, Mrs. Josefina R. Granada.
BOUNDARIES:

NORTH:

 PATEROS

SOUTH:

 TUKTUKAN/BAMBANG

EAST:

 CALZADA & LIGID TIPAS

WEST:

 FORT BONIFACIO

VILLAGES:

1. WILDCAT VILLAGE
2. ARANAI VILLAGE
3. MAYSAPANG
4. SITIO PUSAWAN
5. LOT-4 EAST C5 ROAD
6. MRB
7. BCDA

SUBDIVISON:
TOMASA ESTATE SUBDIVISION

RESIDENTIAL/HOUSING/CONDOMINIUM LOCATION:
 LAKEVIEW MANORS
 CAMELLA HOMES

 PACIFIC RESIDENCES

 ROSEWOOD POINTE

 CYPRESS TOWERS
 PAMAYANANG DIEGO SILANG - BCDA
 MEDIUM RISE BUILDING (MRB) BCDA
 TRES PALMAS
 ROYAL PALM RESIDENCES

FACILITIES:
DAYCARE CENTERS:

1. USUSAN PROPER
2. N. P. CRUZ- IBAYO, USUSAN PROPER
3. MAYSAPANG
4. WILDCAT VILLAGE

COVERED COURTS:

1. USUSAN PROPER
2. PAMAYANANG DIEGO SILANG- BCDA
3. WILDCAT VILLAGE

OPEN COURTS:

1. N. P. CRUZ – IBAYO
2. GEN. LUNA ST.
3. MAYSAPANG

HEALTH CENTER:

 USUSAN PROPE

MATERIAL RECOVERY FACILITY:

 USUSAN PROPER
LIVELIHOOD CENTER:

 USUSAN PROPER

SCHOOLS:

PUBLIC:

 USUSAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL


 DR. ARTEMIO NATIVIDAD ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

 SEN, RENE “COMPAÑERO” CAYETANO SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY

 GEN. RICARDO PAPA MEMORIAL HIGH SCHOOL

PRIVATE:

 ST. MONICA LEARNING CENTER

 M. V. KIDDIELAND

 BUDDING FLOWERS TUTORIAL CENTER

 LEARNING HAVEN

 FAIRYLAND KINDERGARTEN AND GRADE SCHOOL

 ST. IGNATIUS OF LOYOLA SCHOOL