Sei sulla pagina 1di 2

6

Jihlava
Outlook tower at Church of St. Jacob
Visible from afar, two steeples of this church dominate the
town. Historical sources specify the schedule of the tower
master: he was to blow the horn on the hour, welcome important visitors with fanfares, and watch the town to protect
it from re and enemies. The northern tower is 63 m high
(gallery is aloft in 40 meters) serves as a watchtower today.

Jihlavas underground
Jihlavas underground is a signicant monument of the towns
ancient architecture. Covering an area of 50,000 sq meters
its total length is 25 km. The multiple-level corridors are cut
into hard rock under almost all the houses in the historic
center. Corridors labyrinth was not made all of a sudden, but
was created tens maybe hundreds years. Corridors are exhausted by very special techniques, so it is very presumable
the workings were made by miners.
In the underground was a warehouse of various products e.g.
drapery and foodstuff e.g. beer. In 1978 was discovered a socalled shining corridor. Lies about 11 meters under the
street level; it is 2.1 meters wide and 2.9 meters high and it
is the greatest rarity and mystery of Jihlavas underground.
For visitors, there are exhibitions devoted to medieval mining.
There is also a demonstration of striking of coins.
Hluboka 1, Tel./Fax. cash desk +420 567 167 887, +420 567
167 311, sprava.podzemi@jihlava-city.cz
Open daily. Guided tours: April at 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 oclock
| May at 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 oclock | June August at 9, 10,
11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17 oclock | September at 10, 11, 12, 14, 15,
16, 17, October at 10, 11, 12, 14, 15 oclock | in January closed |
Minimal number of visitors in one group is 3. Maximal number of visitors in one group is 45. The sightseeing takes about 3045 minutes.
In February, March, November and December is possible to order sightseeing by telephone (answering machine) or e-mail for the
groups of min. 10 persons: MonSun (time of the tour according to
agreement)
Admission: Basic CZK 60 | Reduced CZK 40 | Children up to
15 years: CZK 30
4

Jihlavas collectors
Jihlavas collectors a new guided tour in underground tunnels. more information in brochure Jihlavas underground

7
5

Jacobs square, information: Tourist Information Centre, Masaryk


square 2, Tel. 567 167 1589, Fax: 567 167 157, www.visitjihlava.eu,
e-mail: tic@jihlava-city.cz
Open: April, May, September SatSun 1013, 1418 | JuneAugust TueSun 1013, 1418
Admission: Basic CZK 20 | Reduced CZK 10
For the groups (min. 5 persons) off-season after previous order
Mo-Fr 9-15 (order min. one day before).

Town Hall of Jihlava


After two years of extensive reconstruction (20042006) is
the town hall open to public. Especially the large Gothic hall,
Gothic and Baroque ceremonial chamber, historical fresco decoration and a number of valuable paintings and extant plafonds or an authentic black kitchen deserved an admiration
of many visitors.
Tourist Information centre, Masaryk Square 2, Tel. +420 567 167
158-9, Fax. +420 567 167 157, www.visitjihlava.eu, e-mail: tic@
jihlava-city.cz
Sightseeing for groups (min. 5 persons MoFr 9:0015:00) after
previous order (min. 3 days before) in the Tourist information Centre.
Telephone +420 567 167 158, email: tic@jihlava-city.cz
Admission: Basic CZK 50 | Reduced CZK 35 | Schools CZK 20

Gate of Holy Mother


A characteristic symbol of Jihlava, this town gate is the only
preserved of the original ve medieval portals surrounding
the town. It was built at the beginning of the second half of
the 13th century. At present time is the gate open to a public
as an outlook tower.
Tourist Information centre,
Vn 1, Tel. +420 567 167 155
6, www.visitjihlava.eu, E-mail:
tic@jihlava-city.cz
Open: OctoberMarch MoFri
8:3017 | AprilSeptember Mo
Fri 8:3017 | SatSun 1013
and 1418
Admission: Basic CZK 25 |
Reduced CZK 15
Exposition: Jihlava fortress |
Exhibition of reproduktion of an
artist Gustav Krum From the his-

Fortication
The remains of the fortication walls from the 13th century
were reconstructed to restore their Baroque appearance and
the bailey strip was converted into a park.
Open: Summer season (1. 4.14. 11.) 6.3022 | Winter season
:
(15. 11.31. 3.) 718

Zoo Jihlava
Zoo is situated 10 minutes by foot from the city centre. In Zoo
is possible to see more than 200 species of exotic animals
including some endangered species.
Themed exposition in Zoo: Madagascar, African savanna, African village Matongo, Australian farm, Asian park Hokkaid
and Hacienda esconido pavilion, Australian farm, exposition
of giraffes and European ungulates, exposition of African primates, Asian exposition and exposition of hyenas.
Children particularly enjoy a non-traditionally designed childrens corner with slides, original climbing frames, cableways
and one of the longest toboggan in the Czech Republic. Near
the children playground is the rope centre PraLEZ. Environmental Educational Centre PodpoVrch organizes courseware
programmes not only for schools.
Zoo Jihlava, Bezinovy sady 10, Tel. 567 573 730, Fax: 567 573
728, www.zoojihlava.cz, e-mail: jizoo@zoojihlava.cz
Open: daily all year: MaySeptember: 818 | April, October:
917 | NovemberMarch: 916
Admission AprilOctober: Basic CZK 100 | Reduced CZK 60 |
NovemberMarch: Basic CZK 80 | Reduced CZK 40

Publisher: City of Jihlava 2014, edition: 500 pc, graphic design: Eva Bystriansk, Photo Vladimr Kunc (4, 5, 6, 7, 8), Miroslav Krob (3),
Rudolf Schebesta (2), MZA v Brn SOkA Jihlava (1), Eva Bystriansk. Printed: Nov tiskrna Pelhimov, spol. s r.o.

Interesting
places
in Jihlava

Tourist Information Centre


586 01 Jihlava, Masaryk Square 2
tel. +420 567 167 1589
586 01 Jihlava, Vn 1
Tel. +420 567 167 1556
E-mail: tic@jihlava-city.cz

www.jihlava.cz
www.visitjihlava.eu

EN

History

Town of Jihlava is located in the middle of the Czech and


Moravian Highlands. Jihlava was a particularly important mining town, surrounded by rich deposits of silver. However,
later on the town became famous for its handicrafts, and
its cloth manufacturing products in particular became increasingly popular throughout the European continent starting
in the 15th century. Todays Jihlava takes pride above all in
a number of early Gothic and Renaissance monuments. The
town with its 213 preserved historical buildings and dozens
of other movable monuments, combined with its varied past,
offers visitors a truly unforgettable experience.

Jihlava
downtown
12
4

11

7
5
2

13
10
1

1
14
6

9
15

8
8

Legend
Legend
Gustav Mahler House
Museum of Vysoina
HighlandsRegion
The Gallery of Highlands
Vysoina Region
Region
Entrance to underground
Town Hall, Information centre
Gate of Holy Mother,
Information centre

7 Outlook tower
at Church of St. Jacob
87 Outlook
Fortications
tower at Church
9 of
Zoo
St.Jihlava
Jacob
108 Forti
Masaryk
Square
cations
119 Gustav
St. Ignatius
from
Mahler
Park
Loyola church
10 Masaryk
square

12
11
13
12
14
13
14
15

Holy
cross elevation
church
St. Ignatius
from Loyola
church
Church
of St.
Jacob church
Holy cross
elevation
Minorites
Church
theGreater
Church of St.
Jacobofthe
Assumption
of theofVirgin
Minorites Church
the
Gustav
Mahler
ParkVirgin
Assumption
of the
Tourist Information centre
Centre

Author of a map is Miroslav dk.

11
22
33
44
55
66

2 3

Gustav Mahler House


house,originally
originallymedieval,
medieval,
4 Znojemsk
Street
was
This house,
at at
4 Znojemsk
Street
was built
th
in
thein16
century.
DuringDuring
its Classicist
redevelopment
at the
built
the
16th century.
its Classicist
redevelopment
beginning
of the 19ofth century
house was
raised
by
at the beginning
the 19ththecentury
the probably
house was
probadding
a
second

oor
given an
and the
ably raised by adding and
a second
oorinteresting
and givenfaade,
an interesting
entrance
doorthedates
to thedoor
same
period.
On same
the front
faade
faade, and
entrance
dates
to the
period.
On
of
house,
which
a baroque-style
a comthethe
front
faade
of thefeatures
house, which
features a portal,
baroque-style
memorative
plaque to Gustav
Mahler
has been
inlaid;has
it isbeen
the
portal, a commemorative
plaque
to Gustav
Mahler
work
MilanofKnobloch.
The plaque
was unveiled
on
inlaid;ofit sculptor
is the work
sculptor Milan
Knobloch.
The plaque
th
19
June,
1960,
within
the
framework
of
Mahlers
birth
cenwas unveiled on June 19, 1960, within the framework of
tenary
celebrations.
After celebrations.
WWII the house was conscated as
Mahlers
birth centenary
a German
property,
and in 1949
it was
transferred
to the proppropAfter WWII
the house
was con
scated
as a German
erty
theintown
andit subsequently
to that
of state.
The of
house
erty, ofand
1949
was transferred
to the
property
the
is
currently
owned and operated
the The
townhouse
again.is After
the
town
and subsequently
to that of by
state.
currently
reconstruction
of
the
exhibition
premises
the
House
of
Gustav
owned and operated by the town again. After the reconstrucMahler
re-opened
2008. of
TheGustav
secondMahler
stage
tion of was
the ceremonially
exhibition premises
theinHouse
of
theceremonially
reconstruction
was implemented
2009
and itstage
opened
was
re-opened
in 2008. inThe
second
of
further
spaces of the
to visitors.
A permanent
Gustav
the reconstruction
washouse
implemented
in 2009
and it opened
Mahler
Jihlava
exhibition
and is dedicated
further and
spaces
of the
house istoinstalled
visitors.there,
A permanent
Gustav
not
only
to
the
personality
of
this
famous
music
composer
and
Mahler and Jihlava exhibition is installed there, and
is dedicatconductor
renown andoftothis
hisfamous
family (the
and
ed not onlyoftoworld
the personality
musicGustav
composer
Alma
sections),
but
it
also
deals
with
the
coexistence
of
the
and conductor of world renown and to his family (the Gustav
Czech,
German,
and
Jewish
people
in
the
Jihlava
area.
and Alma sections), but it also deals with the coexistence of
house,
4, Tel.+420
167 132,
the Gustav
Czech,Mahler
German,
andZnojemsk
Jewish people
in the567
Jihlava
area.133,
www.mahler.cz, E-mail: mahler@jihlava-city.cz
GustavOctoberMarch:
Mahler house, TueSat
Znojemsk
4, Tel.
567 |167
132, 133,
Open:
1012,
1318
AprilSeptember:
TueSun 1012,
1318
www.mahler.cz,
E-mail:
mahler@jihlava-city.cz
Admission:
Basic CZK 50
| Reduced
CZK
30 | |Exhibitions
only
Open: OctoberMarch:
TueSat
1012,
1318
AprilSeptemCZK
25 | Schools
CZK1318
20 | Research room CZK 20 | Guided tours
ber: TueSun
1012,
onlyAdmission:
to order (inBasic
CzechCZK
CZK5070,| in
EnglishCZK
CZK30
90)| Schools CZK 20
Reduced

The Museum of Vysoina Region


Jihlava museum founded in 1892 is placed in two architectonically valuable houses on the Masaryk Square. The houses
were interconnected for museum purposes. Museum of Highlands is being established by Vysoina Region since 2003
and with its branches in Tel, Te and Rotejn it is the largest museum in the region. The museum arranges 10 till 15
thematic exhbitions every year and other cultural and social
events.
Masaryk square 55, 57/58, Tel. +420 567 573 880, http://muzeum.ji.cz, e-mail: muzeum@muzeum.ji.cz
Open: TueSun 912, 12:3017
Admission Exhibition: Basic CZK 20 | Reduced CZK 10 | Adexpozice:
Dolovn
a mincovn
na eskomoravsk
vrchomission
Exposition
andstbra
Exhibition:
Basic CZK
40 | Reduced CZK
20
vinExposure:
| Nerostn
vrchoviny
| Geologie
Sincesuroviny
gothic toeskomoravsk
nowadays (Gothic
Jihlava, Renaissance,
eskomoravsk
vrchoviny
| iv proda
eskomoravsk
vrchoviny
Baroque,
19th century,
20th century)
Geology
of the Highlands
region
Jihlavskaregion
| Lapidrium
| Jihlava
msto
stedn
|| Chrnn
the naturezem
of Highlands
| Protected
areas
of Highlands
Evropy |(od
renesance
prmyslovou
revoluci): renesance, baroko,
region
The
beauty ofpomedieval
plastics
19. stolet | Krsa stedovk plastiky

The Gallery of Vysoina Region


Situated in two historical houses in downtown of Jihlava. The
focus of its activities is to establish the collection of Czech
and International visual art of the 19th, 20th and today also
the 21th century.
Masaryk Square 24, Tel. +420 567 309 722, Komenskho 10,
Tel.+420 567 301 680, Fax.+420 567 301 681, www.ogv.cz, e-mail:
ogv@ogv.cz tne 917
Open: TueSun 1018
Admission: Basic CZK 40 | Reduced CZK 20 | Schools CZK 10
Free of charge: the every rst Wednesday and every Sunday of the month.