Sei sulla pagina 1di 2

Test tube- use for combining chemicals

Crucible- used to head substances at a very high temperature

Pipette- used for accurate measurement of substances
Wire gauze- used to spread heat
Burette- measures volume of solution
Clay triangle- wire frame with porcelain used to support the crucible
Forceps- used to hold small amount of solution
Graduated cylinder- measure approximate volume
Graduated pipette- measure solution's volume
Condenser- used in distillation
Wash glasses- holding small samples or for covering beakers
Wash bottles- used to dispense water
Tong- used to pick large amount of solution
Mortar and Pestle- used to grind paste or powder

Beakers are useful as a reaction container or to hold liquid or solid

samples. They are also used to catch liquids from titration and
filtrates from filtering operations. Used to measure approximate

Volumetric flasks are used to measure precise volumes of liquid or

to make precise dilutions.

Glass funnels are for funneling liquids from one container to another
or for filtering when equipped with filter paper

Clay triangles are placed on a ring attached to a ring stand as a

support for a funnel, crucible, or evaporating dish

Bunsen burners are sources of heat

plastic syringe- measures small volumes of liquid.

gas syringe- it is usually made of glass.

test tube holder- it holds a test tube.

test tube brush – use in cleaning the test tube

erlenmeyer flask - used in applications where solutions must be

mixed multiple times.

florence flask - (also known as a boiling flask) is a type

of flask used as an item of laboratory glassware. It can be used as a
container to hold solutions of chemicals

round bottom flask - used as laboratory glassware, mostly

for chemical or biochemical work.

watch glass- used in chemistry as a surface to evaporate a liquid, to

hold solids while being weighed, or as a cover for a beaker.

evaporating dish- used to heat and evaporate liquids.

thermometer - use to measure temperature

stirring rod- used to mix chemicals and liquids for laboratory


Tripod- used to keep things above bunsen burners when you need
to heat something

dropper- used for administering liquid medicines, especially one for

dispensing medications into the eye.

centrifuge- used to separate suspensions in liquids.

reagent bottle- used to hold liquid chemicals.

Filter paper- use to separate the solid particles from the solution

Microscope- used for magnifying small objects.