Sound & Vision

Buy Once, Cry Once

Sure, if you’re in the 1% who can drop six-figures-plus on home entertainment without thinking twice, then you absolutely should pursue the best available gear, since splurging on a top-notch system can deliver daily joy that’s hard to put a price on. But if you’re in the other 99% and need to carefully allocate your budget, I have suggestions for where to consider splurging.

First, if you are working with an installation professional to

Stai leggendo un'anteprima, registrati per continuare a leggere.

Altro da Sound & Vision

Sound & Vision2 min lettiComputers
Stocking Stuffers
With 1More’s Bluetooth adapter you can give the gift of wireless without having to buy a new set of headphones—provided the recipient already owns a kick-ass set of wired earbuds or headphones. Plug ’em into this tiny device and, like magic, they bec
Sound & Vision4 min letti
Gimme Some Truth: The Ultimate Remixes – Deluxe Edition
I ALWAYS viewed John Lennon as an inveterate seeker—an artist forever searching to find both his ballast and his balance. While in The Beatles, Lennon was able to connect with listeners on an interpersonal level (“In My Life”) while he also remained
Sound & Vision4 min lettiComputers
Ditching DLNA
Q I have over 9,000 songs in various audio formats on a hard drive hooked to my computer. Most of these have been ripped from CDs or captured from vinyl over the years. To listen to the music, I stream it over my home network to a Samsung TV connecte